Following on from last year’s bitcoin2012, the organisers have announced a new conference.
It will be held in a mega building normally used by the United Nations. We are going to fill it with subversives, activists and all types from the forefront of global change.
Read what Vice magazine said about last year.
I want to do a lot with this event. It’s not going to just be a conference but we’re going to have punk music, art installations, exhibits, occupy tents, … This event will connect Bitcoin with the wider world.
- Occupy London – The seeds of Occupy London have big balls. These squatters aim high, hitting empty government property in the poshest parts of upscale London. In January they took a series of houses owned by the queen. The eviction was one of London’s biggest with 2 helicopters, 8 riot vans, 2 ambulances, 1 fire-truck, 6 police cars, a climbing team, and over 30 riot police.
- Cody Wilson – Wired called Cody the 14th most dangerous person in the world. His campaign was closed on IndieGoGo before Cody switched to using Bitcoins for fundraising.
- Max Keiser – Max reports on banking scandals and financial crimes in his TV show ‘The Keiser Report’. Max is a big fan of Bitcoin which he called the ‘currency of the resistance’.
- Richard Stallman – Stallman founded the GNU project. We now have free and open-source software as the direct descendent. People told him he wouldn’t make a replacement operating system. Stallman ignored them and hacked away for 10 years proving them wrong.
- Birgitta Jónsdóttir – Politician and activist in Iceland. Iceland suffered heavily during the financial crisis. Birgitta was a spokesperson for Wikileaks and reformer of Icelandic laws that have set a positive example to other countries.
- … and more. Full list of unSYSTEM speakers.